[Xymon] Feature Request ~ logfetch

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Mon Feb 25 21:55:06 CET 2013

I see the comments made in logfetch.c

/* Is it ok for these to be hardcoded ? */
#define MAXCHECK   102400   /* When starting, dont look at more than 100
KB of data */
#define MAXMINUTES 30
#define POSCOUNT ((MAXMINUTES / 5) + 1)
#define LINES_AROUND_TRIGGER 5

My answer to this would be, "no".

Due to various reasons, it is not desirable to run my client more than
once every hour.  Therefore, the msgs check for log files is almost
useless unless I change these values (and honestly, I'm not even sure
that would work as I haven't seen if this would impact anything else).
If I ran my client every hour, I would lose 50% of my log data.

I would like to see where the log check would be dependent on how long
of an interval your client is run as opposed to a hard coded 30 minutes.

--
Michael Beatty