[Xymon] Services false positive

MatthewHarris at air-watch.com MatthewHarris at air-watch.com
Thu Feb 21 15:18:30 CET 2013

Hey Everyone, I think I found a bug in xymon, I am monitoring a few hundred servers and I found that servers with similar names but different purposes are trying to report the same services.  For instance, XXXXXXXXXXX486 and XXXXXXXXXXX487 is duplicating the service checks for  XXXXXXXXXXX48.  Is there any way that anyone knows of to get xymon to look at the entire machine name instead of just the first 12 characters of it?

Matthew Harris
DC.Ops

O | 404.902.4426
C | 678.357.1505
MatthewHarris at air-watch.com<mailto:MatthewHarris at air-watch.com>
www.air-watch.com<http://www.air-watch.com/>
[AirWatch Connect 2013 - Feb. 25-28 - Learn More]<http://www.air-watch.com/connect/barcelona-2013>

This communication is confidential and is intended to be privileged pursuant to applicable law. If you are not a designated recipient of this message, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this message or its attachments. Notify the sender by replying to this message and delete or destroy all copies of this message and attachments in all media. Thank you.