[Xymon] sepparated disk alerts

Aiquen aiqueneldar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 05:00:04 CET 2013

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion. Oyvind suggestion seems close to what I
need. I only need to find a way to make it keep track of which nodes
have their limits raised. I am not allowed to make changes to the
levels of the alerts without making sure that the levels get droped
down again after a certain time. This is laid down as a rule from
higher ups in my company.

What Asif and Ralph suggests is also good, but would breach the rule
about "NO mails may be automatically sent from xymon anywhere" that is
laid down on me.

Thank you for good suggestions and sorry about saying that they don't
work for me. I want to point out that these will probably technically
work to solve the problem. But I am not allowed to implement them
because of the set of rules I have to follow that I mentioned in my
first post. That is why I called this more of a new feature request
than an actual issue. Pritty much the only acceptable solution for the
higher ups is that a new client is released with the feature to
sepparate disk alerts based on monitored disks. And then be able do
disable or raise the limit within a time boundury, since we have to be
able to garantee that the alert will come back and remind us if no one
lookes in to it for a certain amount of time. Maby it is worth to
mention that the feature "disable until ok" is disabled from our
xymon. And you cannot disable an alert for more than 28 days to make
sure that no alert ever gets neglected.

Again, thank you for your time. All suggestions is apprisiated. I will
try to work on something along the lines of Oyvinds suggestion.

Kind Regards
Calle Lejdbrandt