[Xymon] What tests are coming from a client?

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Tue Feb 19 23:49:43 CET 2013

Hi, all...

My boss just walked up and asked me "why all the tests aren't available for this host on Xymon?" I had to confess I didn't know the answer and am hoping you can help.

The entry for the host in hosts.cfg is:

<ip> <hostname> # ssh ntp TRENDS:*,zonestat:zonestatcpu|zonestatmem|zonestatnproc|zonestatsize|zonersssize

What shows on the screen is just the results from ntp, ssh, info and trends.

For the life of me, I can't get it to display cpu, memory, mem2, iostat, or any of the other usual column "tests". I've tried using the following configuration variations in hosts.cfg, all with the same results:

        <ip> <hostname> #
   and
        <ip> <hostname> # cpu disk iostat iostat2 mem memory ntp ssh TRENDS:*,zonestat:zonestatcpu|zonestatmem|zonestatnproc|zonestatsize|zonersssize

but I can't get more than the original four columns mentioned above to populate.

It is painfully obvious to me at this point that I do not fully understand the rules at work as to what causes columns to appear / disappear.

Help? / Thanks!

david

David Mills
Systems Administrator