[Xymon] histlog file permissions

fmaillard.ext at orange.com fmaillard.ext at orange.com
Thu Feb 14 09:37:16 CET 2013

Hi.

I'm running Xymon 4.2.3 and had the same issue. After spending quite some time on troubleshooting and making sure that when xymon started, it was having an effective umask of 022 , but that after some time hobbitd_history was setting the wrong perms (I know that makes little sense, still that's what happened), I finally patched the CGI so that they chmod the files.
I attached the patch and the script I wrote to fix the perms. You obviously need to add rights for the www user to run the fix_history script via sudo. You may have to change the paths as well...

Of course, I'm interested if anyone's got a fix for the root cause.

Francois