[Xymon] EXT :Re: How to fine-tune limits for filesystem tests?

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Mon Feb 11 23:49:30 CET 2013

Thanks, Larry...

From: Larry Barber [mailto:lebarber at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 4:26 PM
To: Mills, David (IS)
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: EXT :Re: [Xymon] How to fine-tune limits for filesystem tests?

Whether a parameter is for a yellow or red alerts depends on it's position in the "DISK" line. The 'U' simply means to use the units that are reported in the test results rather the percentage used.

I don't think you can combine these like you want, and don't really understand why you would want to, after all, if you know the size of the disk you can easily convert between used percentage and amount free. You just need to set your DISK line to use the more restrictive of the two parameters.

Thanks,
Larry Barber