[Xymon] Strange Client Behavior

Joseph De Nicolo denicoloj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:45:17 CET 2013

Xymon users,

Once upon a time I had a xymon client called "hostname". In all the xymon
server config files(hosts.cfg, analysis.cfg, alerts.cfg) the client was
written as "hostname" in the configs when setting its properties and
behavior(alerts, warnings, ect..). Now I wish to change the way "hostname"
appears on the xymon webpage to "hostname.example.org".

Bear in mind this "hostname" has a xymon client install so I can receive
all standard and custom reports & scripts. After changing all the server
config files, keeping them constant but now replaced every instance of
"hostname" to "hostname.example.org" the reports are not showing up on the
webpage. I can still see icons and reports for conn, ssh, http, info.. but
NOT the ones that are required by a client install(disk, cpu, memory,
procs, ports, etc...) all those reports disappeared after the name change.

XYmon server and client service restarts didn't help. I also hard rebooted
the xymon server and that didn't help either. If I were to change "
hostname.example.org" back to "hostname", all the reports and tests will
show up again! I'm confused because I changed the names of another server
and it was fine. So am I missing something stupid? Anybody have any ideas
or experience this before?

Appreciate all the responses, Thanks,
*
*