[Xymon] Date/Time options for Report URLs

Lionel Worman lworman at wittenberg.edu
Tue Feb 5 18:14:36 CET 2013

	We are using a display management system to cycle through the various report displays that Xymon generates, for example the "Top Changes" & "Event Log" reports. Right now I have figured out how to setup the URL to generate the report for today, but the problem is that I have to manually update the display manager to pass the URL with today's date in order to get today's information:

The URL is (using xymon.com as the example site):
http://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/topchanges.sh?FROMTIME=2013/02/05@00:00:00&TOTIME=&HOSTMATCH=&EXHOSTMATCH=&PAGEMATCH=&PATHLIST=&EXPAGEMATCH=&TESTMATCH=&EXTESTMATCH=&COLORMATCH=&COUNTTYPE=events&TOP=10&Send=Show

If you notice the "FROMTIME=" section has it manually entered in as '2013/02/05 at 00:00:00', which I have to update every day to the new date. Actually I have it set to '2013/02/01 at 00:00:00' and have it as a monthly view, but I would like it to be a daily view, as well as not have to change it every day/month.

My question is are any of the following options possibilities?

1. Be able to pass some key words on the URL such as TODAY, YESTERDAY, TOMORROW. So that I could construct the URL as simply "FROMTIME=Today" or "FROMTIME=YESTERDAY", this way Xymon would just pass me the data for the day.

2. Could I pass the date/time without the "@00:00:00", and have Xymon assume 00:00:00. Since I can have the display management system sort of pass the date dynamically, but I can't have it append the @00:00:00. So if I could construct the URL in the following manner "FROMTIME=2013/02/05&TOTIME=2013/02/06" I would get the report for 2013/02/05

3. Possibly even change the format of the "FROMTIME=" to MM/DD/YYYY , again without the @00:00:00, so it can work more with US date/time options?