[Xymon] Client install gone wrong

Diep, David (OCTO-Contractor) David.Diep at dc.gov
Wed Dec 18 00:47:55 CET 2013

Thanks Tim,

Not making excuses, but I've only heard about xymon for a couple days, the documentation isn't very clear, so I apologize for any frustrating questions. Your explanation is pretty good... so let me understand this:

[root at vipservd xymon-4.3.12]# ls

build    configure         CREDITS   include   README.CLIENT  xymond

Changes  configure.client  debian    lib       RELEASENOTES   xymongen

client   configure.server  demotool  Makefile  rpm            xymonnet

common   COPYING           docs      README    web            xymonproxy

·         "configure" is this local? Or do you have to specify "./configure --server" or "./configure --client" or "./configure"

·         "configure.server" allows for client configurations as well as server configuration all on one machine

·         "configure.client" this does not work very well

I did "./configure --server" on two machines. I see now that I only needed it on one machine and one machine only. All I need to do is update hosts.cfg, alerts.cfg, etc...

Right?

David Diep