[Xymon] HTTP Post tests

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 05:47:42 CET 2013

What does the cert have for the CN in the Subject?  If it doesn't match the
hostname, that's probably why you get the error.  I don't know if Xymon can
be told to ignore those, but the hosts.cfg man page does have a suggestion
that might work.  In the section "Testing sites by IP address":

        "Instead the IP-address to connect to can be overridden by
specifying it as:

            http://www.sample.com=1.2.3.4/index.html

            The "=1.2.3.4" will cause xymonnet to run the test against the
IP-address "1.2.3.4",
            while still trying to access the virtual website with the name "
www.sample.com"."

Ralph Mitchell