[Xymon] LDAP monitoring nonstandard port

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Dec 6 17:57:37 CET 2013

On 12/6/2013 5:10 AM, Ryan Davis wrote:
> Yes here is the complete line from my hosts.cfg
>
> 192.168.1.5   ldapserver                     #
>   ldaplogin="uid=someid,ou=someou:somepass"
> ldap://ldapserver:1389/dc=home,dc=lan??sub?(sn=actualuser)

I suspect that you are not actually performing the extended ldap test,
but are performing the basic test on the port defined in protocols.cfg.
One way to confirm this would be to change the definition in procols.cfg
and see if the test against 'ldapserver' is then performed on the new port.

The man page for hosts.cfg contains the following line:
>>> This type of LDAP test requires that xymonnet(1) was built with support for LDAP, e.g. via the OpenLDAP library.

If your xymon was not built with OpenLDAP libraries, you will have only
the basic ldap test available.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services