[Xymon] Windows 2012 Msgs

David Schroeter dschroeter at corpcomp.com
Fri Aug 23 22:53:03 CEST 2013

I'm getting "error : can't get eventlog file path" on my Windows 2012 servers for some of the event logs.  What I found is that the ones that work have a "file" expandable string value that points to the actual log file.  The ones with the error are missing that.  Research led me to MS stating it is optional and that if it doesn't exist it defaults to a specific place.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363648(v=vs.85).aspx

Unfortunately it is different for 2012 and 2000/2003.

So first, is this a BBWin client issue or a Xymon issue?  I have a feeling it is the client.  Is there any way to get it to look in the default location?

Thanks
Dave