[Xymon] Xymon Cron Question

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Aug 20 00:02:46 CEST 2013

On Mon, August 19, 2013 9:10 pm, John Kramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Very new to Xymon here, so I apologize if this is a newb question.
>
> We have a test script that  runs as cron and inspects the state of the
> system (returns 0 for success, returns non 0 for failure).  We would like
> report the result of that test through Xymon.
>
> Any help as to how to do this would be appreciated.

Hello,

The basic principle is to create a script like seen at:
http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/xymon-tips.html#scripts

However, since you're running this via cron and outside of the xymonlaunch
environment, you'll want to prepend your command with xymoncmd to allow
the default environment variables to "just work":

5 * * * * /path/to/xymoncmd --env=/etc/xymon-client/xymonclient.cfg
/path/to/yourscript/here

(Note that depending on your install "xymonclient.cfg" might be in a
different location as well.)

HTH,

-jc