[Xymon] how to get the alias (diff hostname than the actual) in mail alert?

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 19:58:05 CEST 2013

It's better to put the name you want to refer to a system as in the
hosts.cfg name field and then use the CLIENT: directive to map what the
machine thinks its name is to what you want to call it. You can switch
things over to using CLIENT easily enough if there aren't too many hosts
using NAME. Simply edit hosts.cfg, moving the entry behind NAME to the name
field, deleting NAME and adding CLIENT. Then use the rename command in
xymon to move all the history over.

Thanks,
Larry Barber