[Xymon] Fwd: About CPU load

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at umdnj.edu
Sun Apr 7 18:16:23 CEST 2013

This default is a reasonably nice default for a single CPU system, but this is really a parameter that is site-dependent. For example, I have a 24 CPU compute server. A load of 5 is hardly breaking a sweat. In some cases, high load doesn't even affect the system and you wouldn't want to be notified until a normally unreasonably high value. I'd suspect 10.0 15.0 for your system or 15.0 20.0 might not be a bad guess.