[Xymon] http test message ~ "Connected, but got empty response (code:0)"

Kapildev Khemraj kapildev.khemraj.1 at bc.edu
Tue Sep 25 17:44:53 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do an http test to a website.  I am receiving the above message, causing the http test to alert red.
Can some shed some light on this for me, as I am not certain how to resolve this (if it is possible).

I am running Xymon 4.3.5 on red hat linux 5 update 7.

When I use curl (curl -Lv) to connect to the website, I get the following error message:

* SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 104
* Empty reply from server

curl: (52) SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 104

I am not certain what other info I should post that will be helpful to aid in my question.

Thanks,
Kapildev Khemraj