[Xymon] Server itself is a ghost client

Pacsó Tamás pacsot at vipmail.hu
Sun Oct 28 15:07:16 CET 2012

Dear Xymon community

I'm a newbie to Xymon, to monitoring, and in general to Linux. Until now I was able to avoid asking questions, but now I'm stuck.

1. I installed a debian linux, Hostname: debian
2. I installed apache
3. I installed Xymon
4. I changed the hostname to "Xymon"

- Now I have a ghost client called "debian", sending data from 192.168.1.105  (the actual IP address of the server)
- And I have a "Xymon" called host. and I have a conn test from 127.0.0.1, a bbd and a http test, all showing green.
  But no cpu/disk/memory tests.

Frankly I'm lost. As I'm a rookie I can't find the file to edit in the vast webs of the sybolic links in the linux filesystem :)
CLIENTHOSTNAME="Xymon" but wich file to edit?

--
Tengermély Tisztelettel: Pacsó Tamás