[Xymon] Plagued by purple

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Mon Oct 15 23:25:35 CEST 2012

All -

Am fairly new to Xymon and apologize if this is documented somewhere and I missed it.

I have inherited a Xymon server (4.3.3 on Solaris 10) which shows itself as having about half its tests as "purple", the other half as green. As far as I can tell, everything's running just fine. It seems to be a simple data refresh problem of some sort, but haven't been able prove my hunch.

The problem started after  a reboot of the server. Everything came up OK, except for the following list of "missing" tests:

Purple Tests:
iostat  iostat2         mem2 meta  nfs  prtdiag   raid  sar  tm  zones

Green Tests:
bbd     conn    cpu     disk    http    info    memory   msgs  ntp      ports   procs   ssh  trends

I've restarted the server: ("$xymon_home/xymon.sh restart") and tried to find something in the logs, but am not making ground on this fast enough.

Help?

Thanks!

david

David Mills