[Xymon] Solaris 10 sparc xymon 4.3.10 issue ?

Matt Goebel goebel at emunix.emich.edu
Mon Oct 8 18:50:05 CEST 2012

Yes... /bin/logger is a binary...

I seem to have figured out the issue, fping was being run as root by xymon,
so I did the following :

so I removed the sticky bit from user and group on /usr/local/sbin/fping

then I did the following and restarted xymon

add in : /etc/security/exec_attr
Network Management:solaris:cmd:::/usr/local/sbin/fping:privs=net_icmpaccess

add in : /etc/user_attr
xymon::::defaultpriv=basic,net_icmpaccess

Matt

--
Matthew Goebel : goebel at emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating medher...