[Xymon] migrate server

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Nov 14 07:59:30 CET 2012

On 14-11-2012 04:04, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
> I did this recently but also changed the hostname and upgraded from
> 4.2.3 to 4.3.10 at the same time and had trouble with the graphs. Any
> obvious gotchas to look out for there?

RRD-files are architecture-specific in format, so if you go from e.g. a
32-bit system to 64-bit you will need to convert all of your rrd-files.

If your Xymon server changes IP, then you'll need to reconfigure all of
the clients reporting to the server. Plus any firewall changes that
might incur.

Other that that, doing a new install on the new server and then copying
all of the data- and configuration-files across should work fine.