[Xymon] Show trends graph as test?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri May 25 14:52:04 CEST 2012

Hello,

Using Xymon 4.3.7 I see that the 'trends' column can show graphs for the
host network interface (network traffic/bits per second) and disk I/O
utilisation (from iostat). My understanding is that the information
comes from each host via the client data.

My question is, is it possible to get these two items reported as
separate tests? That is, as a test named (say) 'iostat' which shows the
disk I/O utilisation graph as seen in 'trends'. And another test called
'netstat' (or 'ifstat') for the network traffic graph?

The data is already being collected (as evidenced by the trends column),
but I'm not sure how to breakout these graphs so that they can be
reported as individual specific tests with their own column.

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001