[Xymon] Changing sender of alert emails?

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue May 22 22:18:12 CEST 2012

So change the userid that runs xymon. /etc/passwd and shadow.

Paul Root    - Senior Engineer
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Skadberg
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:48 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Changing sender of alert emails?

Ok, I guess I didn't make what I wanted very obvious :)

The domain isn't the part I want to change, I want to change the user it's sending as :)

So, I would like to have

xymon at mydomain.com<mailto:xymon at mydomain.com> for the Internal system

and

xymonext at mydomain.com<mailto:xymonext at mydomain.com> for the external system.

I guess right now it's just using the user who runs the xymon processes, but was hoping this was something configurable, so I could make the different instances send as different users (so then I could set up replies to go to the correct host)

Skadz