[Xymon] Most number of hosts

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Tue May 22 19:00:30 CEST 2012

Is there any close proximity number available as to how many clients
Xymon can handle?  I've seen in the wiki pages that one user is
advertising over 10,000 however, that seems to be in a "clustered"
setting.  I see a few more users suggesting over 2,000.  My concern lies
in that my plans stand at some where in the middle of that, and also,
there really is no gauge as to what hardware and network topology those
systems are running.

My environment will be in the ball park of about 5,000 systems and many
of them are on satellite bands with some latency concerns, pings tests
come back at around 3 seconds.

I'm hoping to get some confidence that going into this project, I'm not
going to be hit with a realization that Xymon simply cannot handle this
type of environment.  Its a lot of research and development that I would
be flushing down the drain. I do have experience with my previous
organization where we monitored about 1500 clients under the Hobbit
project.... so I know the capabilities... I just don't know what the
boundaries are.

--
Michael Beatty
Sherwin-Williams