[Xymon] sending data without running a client

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:13:18 CEST 2012

It is possible to replace the compiled binaries with scripts - I have a
bunch of client systems doing exactly that.  Some functionality is lost,
but so far that hasn't been a problem for me.  On the other hand, I've
gained the ability to deliver reports via secure https connection.

All you'll need is bash, cron & curl.  I know I've posted about this
before, but I'm not sure how much detail I gave.  I won't be able to get a
copy of the scripts cleaned up for distribution until sometime later today.

Ralph Mitchell