[Xymon] bbd service reporting red

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Tue May 15 21:51:44 CEST 2012

I've got a remote client that I'm try to get working.  I am sending
scripted alerts up usingthe xymon command, and the alerts are coming to
the server just fine, and reporting as they should.  So I know the bbd
service is working, yet it still reports red.

The one anomaly that I can think of is that this particular host does
not resolve over the network, so I had to put an entry in the hosts file
for it to property resolve.  However, when I do, the only system colums
that display are bbd(red) conn, trends, and info, all green.

If I take the entry out of the hosts file, all of the normal system
alerts display green... cpu, disk, msgs, etc...but the bbd service still
reports red.  And, unfortunatly, the ping test resolves to the wrong
machine.

--
Michael Beatty
Sherwin-Williams