[Xymon] Xymond no-download causes purple status

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri May 11 15:43:28 CEST 2012

Hello,

Using Xymon 4.3.7 I added the '--no-download' option to the startup of
'xymond'. The man page says:

   Disable  the  "download" and "config" commands which can be used
   by clients to pull files from the Xymon server. The use of these
   may  be seen as a security risk since they allow file downloads.

However, when I use this option I get purple status reports for cpu,
disk, files, memory and procs for all the hosts. If I remove the option,
then it all goes back to green again.

As far as I can tell it is not, therefore, possible to use this option
to secure Xymon against the download and config commands.

Any comments?

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001