[Xymon] Incorrect CPU %

James Wood jawood at employers.com
Wed Mar 28 19:15:49 CEST 2012

I'm seeing strange CPU percentages on different windows 2008 servers.

CPU states:
     total  100%
     cpu00  206.0%
     cpu01  203.8%
     cpu02  202.4%
     cpu03  200.5%

CPU    PID   Image Name        Pri  Time     Owner                               MemUsage
0-0.0%  4976  svchost.exe       8    0:00:10  NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE          4880k
0-0.0%  4000  dllhost.exe       8    0:00:15  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                 11712k
0-0.0%  3764  svchost.exe       8    0:00:10  NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE        5912k
0-0.0%  3680  fdlauncher.exe    8    0:00:12  NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE          4120k
0-0.0%  3640  svchost.exe       8    0:00:26  NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE        9852k

It just started happening recently.  It was just one server, but over the past month it's grown to be about 5 and we only have this problem periodically.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Notice: This e-mail, including any attachment(s), is confidential and intended solely for the above named individual(s). It constitutes non-public information and may contain information subject to certain legal privileges. If you are the intended recipient, your use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by federal and state privacy laws.  Any  use of this communication by others is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to sender and delete this e-mail and any attachment(s). Thank you.