[Xymon] Is it 'procs' or 'processes'?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Mar 26 03:18:05 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:

> The default 'graphs.cfg' file already contains a 'processes' section:
>
>  [processes]
>          FNPATTERN ^processes.(.+).rrd
>          TITLE Process counts
>          YAXIS #
>          DEF:cnt at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:count:AVERAGE
>          LINE2:cnt at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
>          GPRINT:cnt at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %10.1lf (cur)
>          GPRINT:cnt at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %10.1lf (max)
>          GPRINT:cnt at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %10.1lf (min)
>          GPRINT:cnt at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %10.1lf (avg)\n

Aha, so it does.  Mine is after this one (actually, in an included
file) and so it replaces this one.

It seems like there are two ways to get process graphs: one via procs
from the standard client messages, and the other via TRACK against one
or more process names.  There seems to be elements of both in the
configuration, and there's a conflict.

I'm guessing that the "procs.rrd" file was the original (requiring a
processes=procs mapping), but at some stage the TRACK option was added
to create "processes.*.rrd" and graphs.cfg was adjusted, but the other
configs weren't fixed up.  Due to the mapping, there's a naming
collision, and so we can't have both work at the same time.

Cheers
Jeremy