[Xymon] poll period missed assign yellow

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 23 22:40:46 CET 2012

On 23-03-2012 22:00, Stephen Flanagan wrote:
> I have a bunch of gear that my clients have access to and reboot/work
> on.
[snip]
> I would like to be able to have it so that when a piece of gear misses a
> poll, it goes yellow if it misses three then go red.

Use "delayred=conn:15" - that will make the "conn" status stay green
until a red status has been reported for 15 minutes. It won't go yellow
initially, but at least you won't have the alarms going off.

Note: "delayred" was introduced in the 4.3.5 release. Prior to that, you
could use the "bad" flag to achieve the same. See the hosts.cfg man-page
for details.