[Xymon] Separating Windows and Unix hosts and dropping bbd column from web page

Don Kuhlman Don.Kuhlman at schawk.com
Mon Mar 19 18:09:58 CET 2012

Hi folks. I thought I was getting the hang of this but I seem to be missing something.

I set up the hosts.cfg to use include files (see the snip below) to allow us to keep things more readable and managable.
I am trying to figure out the best way to put the Windows systems and Unix systems in their own list on the "AllServers" page but still use the include files.  Is there a tag or directive I can use on the #CLIENT line to have xymon take a Windows or Unix host and put in it the right group?

Also, I'm having a problem getting one of the hosts to get rid of the purple status on bbd.  I used the ./bb 127.0.0.1 "server2 drop bbd" command.  I went into the hosts.cfg file for that server2 and tried !bbd, nobbd, NOBBD, but it still won't go away.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Don K

0.0.0.0 .default.

# TITLE Server Lists byhostnames
page AllServers Server Lists by Hostname

group-sorted UNIX_Systems

10.1.nn.101     server1.domain.com               # CLIENT:server1
10.1.nn.77            server2.domain.com         # CLIENT:Server2
10.1.nn.81    server3.domain.com                   #http://server3.domain.com

# These are the APP1 servers
include /home/xymon/server/etc/hostsapp1prod.cfg
include /home/xymon/server/etc/hostsapp1dev.cfg

# These are the App2 servers
include /home/xymon/server/etc/hostsapp2prod.cfg
include /home/xymon/server/etc/hostsapp2test.cfg

10.1.nn.27            server3.domain.com           #CLIENT:server3 http://server3.domain.com
10.1.nn.29            XYMON_Server                     #CLIENT:xyzxymon.domain.com http://xyzxymon.domain.com/xymon

group-sorted WINDOWS_Systems
0.0.0.0 .default.   # NOCOLUMNS:bbd

10.1.nn.11            SERVER4-Domain-DC       #CLIENT:SERVER4
10.1.nn.67    SERVER5                                          #CLIENT:SERVER501 ftp ssh
10.1.nn.192     XYZCHIMEDAGT02
10.1.nn.10            Server6                  #CLIENT:server6
10.1.70.100     WinXP                                           #CLIENT:domain-27429192 dialup

# Syntax for creating pages under subpages
# subparent parentpage newpage [Page-title]

page Applications                Applications

subpage app1 APP1
subparent app1   app12x   APP1 2.x
subparent app12x app12xprod    APP1 2.x Prod
subparent app12x app12xdev      APP1 2.x Dev

etc…