[Xymon] Purple storm

Poppy, Ben poppy.ben at marshfieldclinic.org
Mon Mar 19 19:15:15 CET 2012

I have an interesting problem that happened last night. We are working on a DR test. Part of that test includes shutting down some DC's in our DR datacenter. When that happened, most tests that are initiated from the xymon servers (http, dns, ssh, ftp, etc) to the monitored server went purple. The servers that went purple were not all in our DR datacenter, it was at all of our sites, and even included some tests to the xymon server itself (we monitor the HTTP web page of xymon itself as well).

Both of our xymon servers point to 2 windows DC's in our production datacenter in /etc/resolv.conf for DNS lookups.

Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas how it could be related? Or how to fix/prevent it?

We are running 4.3.4.

Thanks,
-Ben

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.