[Xymon] History log output snapshot too old

Andrey Chervonets a.chervonets at cominder.eu
Fri Mar 16 12:56:47 CET 2012

It is known that xymon keep for each test output when status is changed.

It saves 1st output received from test script (at least for custom
tests) and do not update it in history until status is changed.
I see this can be a problem is some situations.

Imagine the situation - some active sessions appeared in DB, our test is
tracking number and details of active sessions
It is green when up to 5 sessions
It is yellow until 30 sessions
But in some circumstances the DB can crash (due to internal problems,
which may be or may not caused by active requests)
even at 26 sessions and we got status red because of error accessing DB.

There may be other cases like this. For example server just crashed and
not responding. I want too see last picture what was there just before
crash.

For me it would be much usefull to see last output snapshot  of yellow
when I am checking what was before red (before the incodent when DB
crashed in out case).

So, it would be nice to have ability to configure what  output snapshots
to keep in history for all or each test:
* when status is just changed
* or last snapshot
* or both splitted

Best regards,