[Xymon] how to disable flapping notifications?

Neil Simmonds Neil.Simmonds at express-gifts.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 10:55:25 CET 2012

Just edit tasks.cfg where you have the xymond entry add a line like the
highlighted one below,

[xymond]

        ENVFILE /xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg

        CMD xymond --pidfile=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond.pid \

                --restart=$XYMONTMP/xymond.chk
--checkpoint-file=$XYMONTMP/xymond.chk --checkpoint-interval=600 \

                --log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond.log \

                --admin-senders=127.0.0.1,$XYMONSERVERIP \

                --store-clientlogs=!msgs

                --flap-count=0

Regards,

Neil Simmonds

Operation Analyst (Operations Support Group)

Express Gifts Limited

Express House

Clayton Business Park

Accrington

Lancashire

BB5 5JY

T: 01254 303092 | E: neil.simmonds at Express-Gifts.co.uk

List

> <xymon at xymon.com>

> > alerts like this

> > HOST=*

> >   MAIL josh at imaginenetworksllc.com COLOR=RED DURATION>2m

> REPEAT=60 RECOVERED

> > Josh Luthman

> > Office: 937-552-2340

> > Direct: 937-552-2343

> > 1100 Wayne St

> > Suite 1337

> > Troy, OH 45373

> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM,  <kconnell at ryerson.ca> wrote:

> > > I was wondering how to as well...

> > > You have DURATION where ? As a tag in the hosts.cfg ?

> > > Ken Connell

> > > Intermediate Network Engineer

> > > Computer & Communication Services

> > > Ryerson University

> > > 350 Victoria St

> > > RM AB50

> > > Toronto, Ont

> > > M5B 2K3

> > > 416-979-5000 x6709

of

> > service and

zero.

> > Default:

Name & Registered Office: EXPRESS GIFTS LIMITED, 2 GREGORY ST, HYDE, CHESHIRE, ENGLAND, SK14 4TH, Company No. 00718151.
Express Gifts Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
--------------
NOTE:  This email and any information contained within or attached in a separate file is confidential and intended solely for the
Individual to whom it is addressed. The information or data included is solely for the purpose indicated or previously agreed. Any
information or data included with this e-mail remains the property of Findel PLC and the recipient will refrain from utilising the
information for any purpose other than that indicated and upon request will destroy the information and remove it from their records.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Findel PLC. If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content of this
e-mail and any attachments.  No liability is accepted for any consequences arising from it. Findel Plc reserves the right to monitor
all e-mail communications through its internal and external networks. If you have received this email in error please notify our IT
helpdesk on +44(0) 1254 303030