[Xymon] Sending email alerts for xymon

Raghuv adhepalli rag_huv at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 25 23:19:13 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to use the xymon alert system to send emails.

When I use "MAIL", I am able to receive the mails as they were intended.
HOST=* SERVICE=* COLOR=yellow
        MAIL alert at xymon.com

But, the problem occurs when I start using the "SCRIPT". The mails aren't being forwarded

HOST=* SERVICE=* COLOR=yellow
        SCRIPT test.sh alert at xymon.com

I understand that the "SCRIPT" uses two arguments, the script name and the recipient name.

Here's how my script looks like,

#!bin/bash

mail -s "$BBALPHAMSG $BBHOSTNAME $MACHIP $BBSVCNAME $RECOVERED" $RCPT

Can anyone please explain to me a bit more on how the alert system works when the "SCRIPT" is used?

Thanks you
Raghuv Adhepalli.

ps: I encountered the same problem when I tried using "mutt" instead of "mail" in my script. When I use "mutt" as a command on my terminal the command works, but it doesn't work when I use it with "SCRIPT"