[Xymon] Feature request: metric: disk - add thresholds in MB

Andrey Chervonets a.chervonets at cominder.eu
Wed Jul 25 20:39:29 CEST 2012

For DISK test now we have  only -  "thresholds are percentages - they
trigger when the filesystem has filled up to the percentage you specify."

But on some disks 5% free is 5G and in some 30G - and sending warning
whenwe have 30GB free is not always relevant.
I know - it is possible to increase percentages by individual sessings
for each host,
but I think - checking not only percentage, but also free space in MB/GB
- is not big deal and can be added to basic functionality.

I use the same approach for testing used/free in Oracle DB tablespaces -
and I know this more usefull then just percentage..

This can be done as extra parameters - in this case BOTH - percantage
AND MB criteria should be checked
or as existing params (2nd, 3d) with -MB/GB - will be treated as size
and XyMon will check only MB free.

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets