[Xymon] xymonlaunch crashed on client and red alert presented to server?

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizon.com
Tue Jul 24 19:59:46 CEST 2012

Henrik or anyone,

I was tempted to hijack the 4.3.9 thread but held myself back.

Problem: xymonlaunch crashed on a client and the server created a xymonlaunch column

This is the first I have seen this behavior.  Was this added with 4.3.8 or is this just a coincidence?

It would not be a big deal if I didn't have to manually drop the alert since there is no clear or green status sent when it recovers.  Again this alert is on a client host not the server.

~David