[Xymon] xymond_alert / alerts.cfg duration bugs or documentation issues

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jul 24 18:28:02 CEST 2012

On 28-05-2012 15:28, SebA wrote:
> 2 possible bugs or documentation errors...
> *Summary:*
> 1. xymond_alert interprets duration as minutes although the
> documentation says it is specified as seconds.

Right, I'll correct the documentation so it is clear that the duration
values are in minutes (in 4.3.9).

> 2.  > is interpreted as >= (greater than or equal to) instead of >
> (greater than) in alerts.cfg.

Fixed in 4.3.9, so you can explicitly use ">=" or "<=" instead of ">"
and "<" behaving as such (you cannot actually specify ">=" in 4.3.x
versions prior to 4.3.9).

> *Other Suggestion:*
> alerts.cfg should accept durations specified in seconds (with an s
> suffix) so that alert parameters can be more accurately defined as some
> tests or status changes may be occurring more often than once a minute.

Not really meaningful, IMHO. Also, the alert handler only polls for new
alerts every 30 seconds so it would increase the load significantly if
we had to support per-second alerts.