[Xymon] Bug in ping tests?

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jul 18 21:23:41 CEST 2012

> I have a front page with about a dozen hosts and then sub pages.  Every
> CONN test on the front page failed.  Each and every host on the subpages
> (well over a dozen) was just fine.  After 6 minutes I restarted the
> hobbitd
> processes.  They all came right back.
>
> I am running 4.2.3.  Using fping to check
> - hobbitserver.cfg:FPING="/usr/sbin/fping"
>
> Has anyone seen this?

Hmm. It's possible that hobbitnet (?) died or was hung up... Or that the
pages weren't representative of the same run (eg, bbgen could have died
during its generation).

Questions: Do you recall the page timestamps being the same? If you
clicked through to the tests when it was happening, did the (dynamic) test
page match the (static) color in the grid? Has the problem started
recently, is it repeating, and was there anything interesting in the logs
at the time?

-jc