[Xymon] Solaris 10 SPARC Xymon 4.3.8 build problem

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Mon Jul 16 21:44:41 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm using gcc 3.4.3 and gmake 3.82 on Solaris 10 and I'm having
difficulty.

At first, I tried just copying the Makefile I used for Xymon 4.3.7
over and changing the 4.3.7 to 4.3.8 (I install in /opt/xymon-4.3.#
and symlink /opt/xymon). That failed, so I tried starting from a
configure. I get an error that says I don't have PCRE and to specify
where it is. So I did:

MAKE=/usr/sfw/bin/gmake ./configure.server --pcreinclude
/opt/csw/include --pcrelib /opt/csw/lib

...but I still get the same error. I added -x to "configure.server" to
see what was happening, and it looks like there's something wrong
somewhere but I can't figure out what:

+ test /opt/csw/include !=
PCREINC=/opt/csw/include
+ test /opt/csw/lib !=
PCRELIB=/opt/csw/lib
PCREOK=YES
+ cd build
+ test ! -z /opt/csw/include
INCOPT=-I/opt/csw/include
+ test ! -z /opt/csw/lib
LIBOPT=-L/opt/csw/lib
+ /usr/sfw/bin/gmake -f Makefile.test-pcre clean
+ tr [/] [_]
+ uname -s
Bad string
OS=
Makefile.test-pcre:1: Makefile.: No such file or directory
gmake: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.'.  Stop.
+ /usr/sfw/bin/gmake -f Makefile.test-pcre test-compile
PCREINC=-I/opt/csw/include + tr [/] [_]
+ uname -s
Bad string
OS=
Makefile.test-pcre:1: Makefile.: No such file or directory
gmake: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.'.  Stop.
+ test 2 -eq 0
+ echo ERROR: Cannot compile using PCRE library.
ERROR: Cannot compile using PCRE library.
PCREOK=NO
+ /usr/sfw/bin/gmake -f Makefile.test-pcre test-link
PCRELIB=-L/opt/csw/lib + tr [/] [_]
+ uname -s
Bad string
OS=
Makefile.test-pcre:1: Makefile.: No such file or directory
gmake: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.'.  Stop.
+ test 2 -eq 0
+ echo ERROR: Cannot link with PCRE library.
ERROR: Cannot link with PCRE library.
PCREOK=NO
+ /usr/sfw/bin/gmake -f Makefile.test-pcre clean
+ tr [/] [_]
+ uname -s
Bad string
OS=
Makefile.test-pcre:1: Makefile.: No such file or directory
gmake: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.'.  Stop.
+ cd ..
+ test NO = NO
+ echo Missing PCRE include- or library-files. These are REQUIRED for
xymond
Missing PCRE include- or library-files. These are REQUIRED for xymond
+ echo PCRE can be found at http://www.pcre.org/
PCRE can be found at http://www.pcre.org/
+ echo If you have PCRE installed, use the "--pcreinclude DIR" and
"--pcrelib DIR"
If you have PCRE installed, use the "--pcreinclude DIR" and "--pcrelib
DIR"
+ echo options to configure to specify where they are.
options to configure to specify where they are.
+ exit 1

...sorta looks like the fact that OS= winds up undefined is not a
great thing.

Anyone have any ideas? I did get 4.3.7 compiled, but I no longer
remember if I had to do anything special.

Thanks.
- --
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Sr. Systems Programmer
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.|IST/EI-Academic Svcs. - ADMC 450, Newark