[Xymon] Missing feature ?

oliver ohemming at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:59:35 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Becker Christian
<christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net> wrote:
> a)      In CA Unicenter you can acknowledge an red alert. After having
> acknowledged an red alert, this red alert changes to an orange alert,
> indicating that there is still  a problem.
> The main advantage is, that any “view” on a “higher level” isn’t under red
> condition any longer – it becomes yellow. This means, that a new red alert
> coming from the same server could be recognized in a better way.
> This could be useful if in Xymon somebody doesn’t like the “All non green
> view” for any reason.

Have you looked at "admin > enable|disable"?
If you have a 'red' alert, you can disable the test for a periodic
amount of time or until it's resolved.  The failed test will change
from red to blue but the top level colour changes back to green.

I think this satisfies both of your requests (but I only quoted the
first one for brevity)