[Xymon] Conn test fails after server reboot

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 11:35:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

Using Xymon 4.3.7 I have noticed that if I reboot the Xymon server then
the 'conn' test fails for all the clients. E.g.:

============================
Thu Jul 12 10:24:11 2012 conn NOT ok
Service conn on dns1 is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

System unreachable for 5 poll periods (984 seconds)

If, from the server, I run 'ping' to the client then that works fine. So
does fping. If I stop then start the Xymon service on the server then
the client conn tests all report ok.

Any ideas about this?

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001