[Xymon] ntpstat.rrd creation

Berkley, Simeon sberkley at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Jul 3 22:58:17 CEST 2012

Hi all, Anyone know for sure whether ntpstat.rrd creation is built in, or
does it require an external server script? It appears that xymond/do_rrd.c
sets up a call in update_rrd() to do_ntpstat_rrd() when ldef->xymonrrdname
or the testname that is passed in matches 'ntpstat'. I could be totally
misunderstanding what's going on as I've just done a cursory search of the
source and haven't had a chance to trace it all the way through.

I've got my configuration set up like the demo server, with 'time=ntpstat'
and 'ntp=ntpstat' entries for TEST2RRD. For the ntp servers i'm monitoring,
I'm getting ntpdate output in the 'ntp' status column, but no rrd creation.
I've restarted xymon, going as far as adding, then removing '--debug' and
'--no-cache' for rrdstatus and rrddata in tasks.cfg (a workaround for an
existing issue with rrd updates that may or may not be related to this).
We're running 4.3.7 currently. I'll keep plugging away at the source if no
one has a quick and easy answer.

Thanks,

--
S i m e o n  B e r k l e y