[Xymon] Text Search Alerts

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 21:49:44 CEST 2012

Xymon and Hobbit are pretty much the same, Hobbit was renamed to Xymon for
legal reasons, since the rename there have been some additional features
added, but they are still substantially the same thing.

As far as the what files the msgs test looks at, this depends a good deal
on what you are monitoring. Is the monitored system Windows or a Unix
variant? Also, are the clients on those machines running in local or
centralized mode? If you are running in centralized mode you can get some
idea of what you need to do by reading the client-local.cfg and
analysis.cfg man pages. If you have a Windows box running in local mode,
you are pretty much stuck with what you get. Windows in localized mode can
be configured similar to Unix systems.

Thanks,
Larry Barber