[Xymon] Text Search Alerts

Balderston, David dbalders at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 3 21:25:45 CEST 2012

Hey.  I have taken over zymon in my department recently and am just getting used to it.  Sorry if this is a repeat question, but everything I'm finding is for hobbit not xymon and it seems to be quite different.  I wrote a script that outputs the result to a file.  Im trying to have xymon alert based on certain phrases in the file.

So on our main server page we have all of the ping imap etc.  We have a msgs column that is looking at system files.  Do you know where in the file structure this setting is located?  I cannot find where this is set so i can change it from the system files to the look at the right file.   Also, if someone has an example of what the syntax that i would put into that file to have it search that file, that would be amazing.  Lastly, do i need to do this on each client machine, or can it be done once on the server?

thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.

David Balderston
Core Bio Services
dbalders at ucsd.edu