[Xymon] TS - Is there a DB frontend for Xymon maintenance?

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Tue Jan 31 20:05:02 CET 2012

Team,

Has anyone created a Database (MySQL) front-end to handle the HOSTS and
ALERTS information?

Thus, when finished, you extract all of the data from the tables in the
DB and re-create the HOSTS and/or ALERTS files.

And then you restart Xymon?

I have a need for multiple Admins to do ADD, CHANGE, DELETE requests to
the system but they cannot work on the files at the same time.

I have had to create a LOCK and UNLOCK (exclusive) while someone is
working on the files.

The NOTES files are individual files and are no problem as you probably
would not be working on someone else's NOTES files.

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D

L-3 Communication Systems West