[Xymon] Make problem 4.3.7

White, Bruce bewhite at fellowes.com
Wed Jan 11 20:54:01 CET 2012

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with doing the initial make using the 4.3.7 distribution bon a RedHat 5.2 AS server.  I get the following error messages:

cc -o setup-newfiles   setup-newfiles.c ../lib/xymonclient.a
cc: ../lib/xymonclient.a: No such file or directory
setup-newfiles.c:11:22: error: libxymon.h: No such file or directory
setup-newfiles.c: In function ‘main’:
setup-newfiles.c:48: error: ‘digestctx_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)
setup-newfiles.c:48: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
setup-newfiles.c:48: error: for each function it appears in.)
setup-newfiles.c:48: error: ‘ctx’ undeclared (first use in this function)
setup-newfiles.c:63: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘strcpy’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
setup-newfiles.c:76: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make: *** [setup-newfiles] Error 1

I am much more of a sys admin than a C developer, so I really nee some help.  I searched the archive and see a couple of references to similar issues, but none seem to match mine. In particular I found an email about compile errors with 4.3.3 dated 7/26/2011 (or 26/7/2011 for those from Europe) which said:

Add “locator.o” to CLIENTLIBOBJS in lib/Makefile,

And even after applying that fix, it still failed.

      ......Bruce

 Bruce White
 Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer | Phone: 1-630-671-5169 | Fax: 630-893-1648 | bewhite at fellowes.com | http://www.fellowes.com/

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Fellowes, Inc.