[Xymon] File Monitoring

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 21:50:04 CET 2012

Ok see, this is real similar to the problem I'm having, except I can't get
it to work (Xymon 4.2.3).

My debian hosts are sending the following:

client xxxx.xxxxx.org.linux linux
[date]
Tue Jan 10 15:20:35 EST 2012
[uname]
Linux xxxx.xxxxx.org 2.6.26-2-amd64 x86_64
[osversion]
Debian 5.0.9

And the info page for that host is:

Hostname:xxxx.xxxxx.org OS:Debian 5.0.9
Linux xxxx.xxxxx.org 2.6.26-2-amd64 x86_64 Client S/W:

but I have put a [debian] section in client-local.cfg and also in
hobbit-clients.cfg and it is still looking for files defined under [linux].

Our [debian] servers keep some files in a different location than our other
Linux servers (Redhat) so the Debian servers get "File is missing" errors
and I have to disable the test to prevent the warning from showing up. Not
a good situation especially since we are in the process of convincing the
admins of the Debian systems that it's ok to let us use Xymon to monitor
their systems which they have been monitoring using Nagios :-(.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Steve Holmes
Purdue University

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Jamison Maxwell <jamison at newasterisk.com>wrote:

>  Ah, thanks so much for the clarification.
>

> Jamison Maxwell

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way. -Juan Ramon Jimenez,
poet, Nobel Prize in literature (1881-1958)

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)