[Xymon] Adding a graph to test status view

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Jan 5 11:16:05 CET 2012

On Thursday, 5 January 2012 03:19:27 Jeremy Laidman wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM, David Baldwin
>
> <david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au> wrote:
> > It sounds like you're doing it all OK.
>
> Thanks David.
>
> The solution I came to was ever so simple.  I just added "<!--
> linecount=2-->" into my "message" file, and Xymon starting graphing
> the first two RRD files it could find.

There is code in Xymon's lib/htmllog.c which generates the HTML for multiple
graphs for certain service/test names. The default list is:

disk,inode,qtree,quotas,snapshot,TblSpace,if_load

I think the most correct way to do this is to edit hobbitcgi.cfg (or
cgioptions.cfg) and add the option:
--multigraphs=,disk,inode,qtree,quotas,snapshot,TblSpace,if_load,fans

or similar to the options environment variable for hobbitsvc.cgi (or
svcstatus.cgi), CGI_SVC_OPTS.

(I should actually cover this in the devmon docs, otherwise the 'temp' test,
and other tests which have graphs by default, won't show the graphs on the
test page).

From my reading of htmllog.c, I can't see why adding the linecount=2 works, it
should only work for a test in multigraphs ...

Regards,
Buchan