[Xymon] Clients fail to show up in monitor

Shannon Anderson sanderson at CORNETSER.com
Wed Feb 15 17:16:01 CET 2012

Has anyone seen this before?  Client does not move from Ghost Client to normal views and no data is recorded

Background INFO:
XYMON Ver 4.3.5
Client XP, BBWin_0.12

I have a systems not showing any data, all test show up as "-" .  I do see the client in Ghost Clients and it shows beside it in the "Candidate" side the system I placed in the host.cfg file so it does look to be matching but it never locks on. Just remains in GhostClients. No data is collected in the /data areas and I am not seeing any logs in hostd.log that may say why it is not latching on to the client.

Here is the different views and corresponding data.  As you can see the name is correctly spelled for both client and host.cfg,

Ghost view:
lindenpark.finesarealestategroup.com  68.33.39.211       lindenpark.finesarealestategroup.com 1:15

Host.cfg:
68.33.39.211    lindenpark.finesarealestategroup.com  #  noconn   COMMENT:"Backoffice XP at Linden Park"

Web Page:
lindenpark.finesarealestategroup.com - - - - - - - - - - -