[Xymon] Installing Xymon

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:04:32 CET 2012

If you haven't got root access to the systems then you will be in for
a very difficult time, not only for the Xymon server but also when it
comes to deploying the Xymon client to be able to report on those
systems (unless all you are doing is basic ping/service polling
remotely).

My advice would be to work with the SAs to get them to assist you with
the installation, they are more likely to co-operate if they have some
idea of what you are doing on their systems.

Steve